How many of you are still fishing!

General Trout Fishing Discussion

Moderators: muley7mm, TroutJournal, highcountry

How many of you are still fishing!

Postby wetnet on Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:07 pm

Whether it is for trout, smallies or you noodler's how many of you take this obsession year round? Seems like the fishing is actually getting better not worse on the PA east coast. My son hooked up on 3 nice rainbows and saw a hog of a brown. Also caught a smallmouth. Anyway how many of you have long john's with fishies on them?
wetnet

Re: How many of you are still fishing!

Postby NAD42 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:36 pm

I've been out of action for a while now.
NAD42

Postby highcountry on Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:13 am

Hey Wet,

I'll be fishing regularly until at least mid November. From then on I'll hit the local waters until they freeze. Usually only about 3 months of total inactivity.

Can't speak for other areas of the US, but in the Rockies the best fishing of the year happens in the Fall!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." Confucius
highcountry

Postby numbnutz on Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:41 pm

still fishing here, summer steelies are slowing down just in time coho run, then will be hunting season then winter steelies
numbnutz

Postby Stripper on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:13 am

Here in Northern NY, the trout (stream) fishing is starting to pick back up again. Cooler nights are beginning to lower water temps. Although......we've had well over 60 days of rain this summer :cry: the water temps never got too warm and the levels never got too low :good: .
Dead drifting hares ears and pheasant tails alway produce :idea: Went to the gas station last night and saw multiple hatches. There were Rusty Brown spinners and what I think were Cahills, so I'll be tying some of these very shortly. I know the Isonychias (RBS) shucks are appearing all over the river banks along with some very large stonefly shucks ;)
You can stand next to me and fart anytime, I don't mind, I'm a friend!
Stripper

Postby yankeepride on Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:06 pm

Going to take the 'yak out a couple more times while the weather is nice in NJ, and then hit the streams again for the fall stocking first week of October.
yankeepride

Postby 79Ford on Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:27 pm

I'll fish on the water into late October, and then wait a month or so for the ice to hopefully get thick enough to support my few extra ding dongs......... :roll:
79Ford

Postby wetnet on Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:02 pm

I think now is the time to send line out. Been seeing trout stacked where they weren't before. Time to bring out the long johns and some warmer gear and just add to that when November hits, Than Dec, than Jan.. Ok I might give Jan and Feb some time off to catch up on fly tying. (I don't tye, my son feeds my habit but I guess I better start should he move out!)
wetnet

Postby Fly Goddess on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:37 pm

I do fish year round. I Fly Fish only so right now it is rivers and stillwater, winter it is rivers only.
Fly Goddess

Postby Acadianfly on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:05 pm

I fly fish year round. I live in Southeast Louisiana... saltwater for reds and specks... warmwater for bluegill and bass... trips to Arkansas for trout. Ain't life grand!

Larry Offner
Whenever I need a psychiatrist, I go fly fishing, holding a boat to be superior to a couch any day of the week. --Havilah Babcock
Acadianfly

Next

Return to Trout Fishing General