Moderators: muley7mm, TroutJournal, highcountry

Re: Backcountry trout

Postby NAD42 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:58 pm

Beautiful brookie!! :thumb:
NAD42

Re: Backcountry trout

Postby wetnet on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:57 am

Hammerojustice wrote:
wetnet wrote:Yes I fish for natives in NEPA. They aren't nearly that big. Most don't go 6 inches but pound for pound or should I say ounce for ounce where I fish they are the sportsman of the species. Not all fancy jumping like rainbows but inch for inch a powerhouse. They are my favorite!

where in NEPA? I'm currently in SEPA and go up to the poconos every now and again to visit my parents summer house... more fishing locations would be greatly appreciated!

I have access to a private section on Swiftwater Creek that isn't controlled by the Pocono Manor Rod & Gun club. Other than that I fish some remote home waters about 1 hour north of there but sorry I really don't share my locations to the native brookie stream that I fish. Everything around us usually involves getting permission from the local farmers and they don't appreciate people inviting people who then invite more people if you get the jist.

What I can tell you is the Lackawanna River between Carbondale and Scranton has some pig browns and is worth a visit.
wetnet

Previous

Return to Fishing Gear & Tackle