Christmas is coming!!! What do you want?

Fishing Gear & Tackle Discussion

Moderators: muley7mm, TroutJournal, highcountry

Christmas is coming!!! What do you want?

Postby wetnet on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:59 pm

OK Christmas will be here no matter if you love it or leave it, What are you missing in your collection of gear that you would like to find under your tree. New rod, reel or pack? Lots of chances on this forum to figure out what exactly to put on Santa's list without being disappointed in the gift. Sage or G. Loomis? Pack or vest? Time to do the research for goodies to use in the spring.
wetnet

Re: Christmas is coming!!! What do you want?

Postby wetnet on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:34 pm

Ok if no one else has a list. I'd love a new reel. I have a redington redfly. It's a great reel, very inexpensive and has been a great performer thus far. Still always looking for something new. Was looking to ask Santa for a Orvis mid arbor battenkill or maybe a Lamson velocity. Any thought. Trout mostly, smallmouth sometimes.
wetnet

Postby TarponJim on Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:06 pm

Come on! :shock: It's still a month before Halloween for cryin' out loud! :) You'd think Christmas was like an election year, where it goes on, and on, and on . . . Besides, if I need something for fishing, I get it, now. Its all about priorities. Christmas should just be for kids anyway. No adults allowed, except for buying for the kiddos. People waste too much money on trivial things for other adults who don't need it anyway.

Try this again sometime after Thanksgiving. :perfect:

Hey, what's everybody doing for Memorial Day Weekend? :veryfunny: :veryfunny: :veryfunny:

By the way, Wetnet, I just want a sunny, calm morning on Dec. 25 so I can have good tarpon fishing.
Capt. Jim Williams
www.fishflaminggorge.com
TarponJim

Postby wetnet on Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:02 pm

:cry:
wetnet

Postby wetnet on Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:32 pm

OK I have dried my eyes after the brow beating you gave me but now that I have recovered let it be known that NOT EVERYONE LIVES IN FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is already cold here and by the way Pa doesn't sport tarpon and fishing after September means long john's. If I chose to use Christmas as an excuse to focus on next spring I've earned it. I fish year round in only a couple of streams around here that allow us to do it. If you really want to catch trout all year buy lots of chapstick and heat packs. You ride your boat in 40 degree weather in Feb and I'll outpack you hiking to native brook trout waters at minus zero! Yes Christmas is always about the kids and for us Mom's it's also about the decorating, the buying of gifts, the cooking and cleaning, while working full time! Oh by the way "Merry Christmas ahead of time!" :!:

Signed Captain of her ship, Wetnet!!
wetnet

Postby TarponJim on Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:47 pm

Just to be clear, I do not live in Florida. I live in one of the coldest valleys in the entire US, in southwest Wyoming and Northern Utah. It snows here in June, and we've already had two snow storms in September. July and August are the only snow-free months, and I've seen snow on the 4th of July more than once. I guide lake trout fishermen during November and early December when the temp at the boat ramp is -10, and the high for the day is +5. I go to Florida and guide for tarpon from Dec. 20 until March 20, but prior to 2001, I guided ALL YEAR LONG in an area that often has the coldest temperatures in the country. Believe me, I know what cold is. Visit my website and look at the early and late season pictures. You'll see guys in snow suits in May.

Today, October 4, we are under a winter storm warning with nearly a foot of snow expected by tomorrow night in higher elevations, and temperatures in the 20's. I know what cold is. I hate it, too. That's why I now go to Florida for part of the winter. :veryfunny:

Current Forecast:This Afternoon: Snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. High near 42. Breezy, with a south southwest wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Tonight: Snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 24. West wind 10 to 15 mph becoming north. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Sunday: Snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. High near 37. Breezy, with a northwest wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Sunday Night: A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Blustery, with a north northwest wind between 15 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.

Cheers! :D :D :D
Capt. Jim Williams
www.fishflaminggorge.com
TarponJim

Postby wetnet on Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:09 pm

Well tighten my sails!!! :P Someone with personality!!! You wimp heading to Florida when things get tough. LOL!!!! Hey but don't think I'm a summer flower. I'm no boat girl but have busted my share of ice buckets and dealt with enough weather doing farm work. Not to mention being one of the few people that can actually say she's been pooped(I don't think I can say the other word) on! Yes, Pooped on!! No wonder my back aches. Stupid fish are smarter than stupid cows and horses! Cheers to you too also!! I think this forum may have some life in it after all! :D
wetnet

Postby highcountry on Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:39 pm

Ah geez you two... get a room will ya! :mrgreen:
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." Confucius
highcountry

Postby TarponJim on Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:30 am

highcountry wrote:Ah geez you two... get a room will ya! :mrgreen:

:veryfunny: :veryfunny: :veryfunny: :veryfunny: :veryfunny: :veryfunny:
Capt. Jim Williams
www.fishflaminggorge.com
TarponJim

Postby wetnet on Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:58 am

My husband might have a slight problem with that! Some friendly fish bashing does not constitute the need for a room. A ring and boxing gloves maybe. Mine would be pink and smell like fish. Not tarpon, the nasty things!! Probably not trout either, I haven't been netting many of those either lately. Time to get back at it.
wetnet

Next

Return to Fishing Gear & Tackle