Parent vs Child

General Trout Fishing Discussion

Moderators: muley7mm, TroutJournal, highcountry

Parent vs Child

Postby wetnet on Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:52 pm

For the first time ever... I outfished my son. The USA Youth Fly Fishing kid. He has beat me up everyday since he started this whole fly fishing thing 10X over while growing 10+ inches. For the first time I demanded some of his weighted nymphs and for the first time I fished upstream of him. (I did also mess up every bit of water behind me)

What I will tell you that outfishing your son sucks. Maybe?

It was always more fun watching him fish and while I did let out some yahooo's because of a nice brown it didn't give me the satisfaction that you would have thought.

:veryfunny: :good: :perfect: :veryfunny: :perfect: :thumb: Just doing the dance!!!!!!!!!
wetnet

Re: Parent vs Child

Postby TarponJim on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:44 pm

It doesn't hurt to keep him on his toes once in a while. :thumb: He'll just fish harder next time to make sure it doesn't happen again! :veryfunny:

Besides, he'll get his next summer when you go visit him in Alaska after he's been fishing the waters every day for a couple months. (most places will let a family member or two visit on a lightly-booked week for cheap/free if you can get yourself up there!)
Capt. Jim Williams
www.fishflaminggorge.com
TarponJim

Postby wetnet on Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:07 pm

Well I'm not sure about Alaska but if you meet a young man named Adam Pickett tell him "Hi" from his friends from NE Pa. From what I hear Alaska can put skirts on allot of men. Hope our Team USA kid has grown to the task.

Went squirrel hunting today. I got 2 my yougest son also 6'4" got one. :D

I cleaned them. :cry:

I'm no great hunter or fisherman. Just not content to stay home and listen to replays. It isn't the same without being there. I have a tradition with both my sons. I go fishing with my oldest on Mothers Day and go squirrel hunting with my youngest during small game. It is probably the 2 most days of the year I enjoy the most. I hope they will some day think back and feel the same.
wetnet

Postby highcountry on Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:51 am

That's wonderful you spend so much time with your boys outdoors, Wet! I guarantee you they really appreciate it :thumb:
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." Confucius
highcountry

Postby TroutJournal on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:17 am

You sound like one fun/cool parent. Keep up the good work.
TroutJournal
Site Admin

Return to Trout Fishing General